Many of my Divi Theme tips and tricks will involve adding some CSS to your theme. Here is how to add your own CSS to the Divi Theme.
Adding CSS to Divi via the Theme Options
The easiest, and perhaps best way to add CSS to the Divi Theme is via the Custom CSS box in the Theme Options, as follows:
- Log into your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to "Divi > Theme Options", where you will find the Divi theme options.
- Go to the "General" tab (it should be the current one).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the tab.
- There you will find a box named "Custom CSS".
- Paste your CSS into the box after anything else in there.
- Press "Save".
Adding CSS to the Divi Style.css File
You can also add CSS to Divi directly, by adding it to the end of the style.css file located in Divi theme directory. However, it is best to avoid doing so as updates to the theme may cause this file to be overwritten and your changes to be lost.
Adding CSS using a Child Theme
Another way to add CSS to Divi without risking your changes being lost is to create a child theme and place your new CSS in there. While creating a child theme requires a bit of technical work, Elegant Themes (the creators of Divi) have a nice tutorial on creating child themes.